Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Healthy Fast Food?

There are some days where I just don't feel like making my lunch for the day. When that happens, I often struggle with finding something healthy and quick for lunch.

This is where Men's Health Eat This Not That comes into play.

A fantastic guide on fast food and restaurant chains, I have used this on a number of occasions, even today. I ate Chick-fil-A today and this is what I had:

Chick-fil-A Nuggets (8-pack) with Barbecue Sauce
Calories 305
Fat 13 g
Sat. Fat 2.5 g
Sodium 1,020 mg
Salad with Fat Free Honey Mustard
Calories 60
Fat 0g
Sat. Fat 0g
Sodium 200mg

The only downside I messed up on was that the dressing had HFCS, but that's because I rushed and didn't read it. One thing to keep in mind about the dressing is that they give you two servings when one will do. Other than that, a very filling lunch under 500 calories and $5.

No comments: